Challenge Accepted

What challenge, I don't know. 

First....I'm applying to the "Great American Sewing Bee"! Why not, right? I am a big fan of the BBC version, and adored reading about Tilly's adventures on it as well. If the Americans can stay as positive and nurturing as the British, it could be fun! 

What constitutes and amateur vs a professional sewer? Have I been paid for sewing? Yes, both costuming and commissions by friends. Do I make a large part of my income by it? Oh, no, not at all... do I do it all out of my house and not full time? Yes and yes. 

So, let's give it a whirl. 

Also, thank you to Miss Celie for sharing the announcement about the competition--she is a master home sewer, so I expect her to go far if she is applying! 

Here goes nothing!

Other possible challenges? Well, there is a lot going on.... some I am not ready to talk about, but also, I continually want to do more. More sewing (for me), more blogging (maybe, maybe not), and be more ahead on my freelance projects. Three more shows this spring, including the debut show for a new theater company in Baltimore, Interrobang, and a children's theater production of "Peter and Wendy." I love the Peter Pan story in most forms, so I'm very excited about this one, even if it is the last of them, in May.

This is the point where I don't pin badges from other blog challenges, swearing to sew more vintage patterns, upcycle everything, or do Me Made whatever. It doesn't work, so I'm off to find other ways to motivate myself!


Comments