Progress report

Well, other than wearing my new pajama pants, haven't really made much in roads on my May goals. I have spent two out of three of the last few evenings in my sewing room, but as much cleaning and purging as sewing.

I have added a few more things to the to-do pile. I apparently have been on a cutting spree, trying to prep as many projects at once rather than moving forward on any. In addition to measuring some vintage fabrics for upcoming projects, I prepped three new things:

* A skirt for a friend. I had given her my old sewing machine several years back, and she didn't use it much. When it and the supplies came back to me, there was a pattern and some funky red fabric for a skirt she never made herself. I'm whipping that up to send back!

* Some left over vintage sheet cotton, used for the dress for my SiL, is finding a use in a vintage pattern based pinafore. If I like the way it works, will probably make a few for the shop.

* I ended up with not one but TWO of the Vintage McCall's Party Apron Pattern for Quaker Oats. Rather than cut one, I copied the pattern in Swedish tracing paper. Going to make up a few of those in some cute vintage cottons I have in my stash.

So, while nothing for myself made it to the machine this week, I did get into the sewing room several times! Here's hoping I can actually get to sewing this weekend.

Comments